Monday, August 5, 2013

Review of Covergirl's Clump Crusher Extensions lash blast

Hello!  I recently purchased a new mascara from Covergirl called the Clump Crusher Extensions Lash Blast.  I heard some good things about the original Clump Crusher but never got it because I was content with my Almay get up and grow.  But now they came out with this new one and I thought well Lets give it a try!  The original got great reviews so I figured this one might be better!  So this is what it looks like right out of the package:


 
The packaging is nice, not much different from the original and I love the color!
The brush has the plastic bristles which I must admit I have never been real fond of.  When applying I noticed the wand is very good at separating, however the bristles are hard and pointy and for me it hurt my upper lid just a tad when I was trying to get the roots of my lashes.  Its not a huge deal just have to be careful.  So Below are some pictures me with my lashes curled with no mascara, and then some pictures of me with the mascara.
 
Lashes curled no mascara:
 
One coat:
 
Two coats:
 
 
Three Coats:
 
 
 
So after 3 coats I stopped because my lashes started to look a little scary and tarantula like lol I normally wouldn't go as far as 3 coats because I am not one who likes to apply too many coats but I wanted to see how far it would go before it started to clump and I honestly could've gone to a forth coat without it clumping.  I think at the first and second coat it looked pretty nice and natural but if I want a more dramatic look I can easily apply more coats.  The formula is more of a dry one which I prefer because they tend to hold my curl better and my lashes are definitely difficult with holding a curl but as you can see this one does a descent job of holding it.  I have not experienced any flaking or smudging either.  Over all I really really enjoy this mascara, It really volumizes and lengthens.  I believe this is closer to giving me that false lash look then my Maybelline Falsies Flared is!  I am not sure how it compares to the original I actually read a review where they said that there is really no difference so maybe I will give the original a try one day and see how it compares because everybody has different opinions! 
This mascara can be found at any drugstore from around 8-9 dollars.  So I hope this reviews helps I definitely recommend it and hope everyone likes it as much as I did :)

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I reviewed the original version on my blog. I love the original, but was curious about this newer version. I think I might give it a try to compare.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete